How to Make Leather Jewelry?
If you are tired of paying high prices for jewelry that you should try to know how to make leather jewelry .you could just as easily make yourself, it is time to break out your crafting tools. Leather jewelry is suitable for both men and women to wear. Leather jewelry is worn around the ankle, neck, or most commonly, around the wrist. Discover four different kinds of leather jewelry that are easy to make, and you can craft them in the comfort of your own home.
Purchase your materials online or at a local crafts or leather supply store.
Use leather shears to cut a length of leather strip according to your neck, wrist or ankle size.
To punch holes in the leather strip for metal accessories, or use a leather tooler or paint to make designs on the leather strip.
- Use your leather punch or awl to make 2 holes in the ends of your leather jewelry. Be sure that the holes line up evenly.
- Insert a snap in the holes at the ends of your leather, one on each side.
- Lay out 4, 6 or 8 pieces of leather cord of the same length. The cord should be 1 to 2 inches longer than your intended finished jewelry length.
- Fold over one end of the leather cords to make a loop. Secure the loop by tying the loose ends of the cords into the braid or knotting them at the end.
- Attach the looped end to a peg or tuck it under a heavy object, like a sofa leg or bookcase, to keep the cords from moving around. You can also use a safety pin to attach the looped end to your pants leg.
- Braid the leather strips or cord together, and periodically slide beads or other ornamentation onto the cords. You can find variations on the common three-piece braid online at crafts or hairstyle websites.
- Knot the end of the braid and cut off the remaining edges with leather shears.
- Try using different widths or colors of cord to create a more dramatic look for your braided jewelry.