People buy necklace urn for ashes jewelry to keep the ashes of their loved one always close to them. As it looks like other normal jewelry items, people often prefer to wear cremation jewelry on daily basis. If you are planning to wear necklace urns for ashes, you need to bear in mind that you need to take special care of it. With proper care, you can wear your favorite memorial jewelry for a long time to come and at the same time pass them on as treasured heirlooms to your next generation.
Here are some good tips for you to take care your urn necklace
- When you are not wearing your urn jewelry, remember to use a cloth to dry and keep it safely in a box or case. By keeping the jewelry in a box or case, you will be able to protect it from dirt and damage.
- It is recommended to remove your cremation jewelry before taking a bath.
- Before wearing your cremation jewelry, take some time to inspect it properly.
- You also need to keep the jewelry away from harsh chemicals.
- While going to a beauty salon for make-up or other types of beauty treatment.
- Never submerge the cremation jewelry in water as it can damage the seal and the ashes stored inside the chmber.
- Each day before going to bed, take out some time to clean your cremation jewelry using a soft cotton cloth to maintain its finish. Also bear in mind that different materials need different types of cleaner. For instance the polishing cream suitable for gold jewelry may not be suitable for cleaning a steel or silver jewelry.
- If your cremation jewelry contains gemstones, talk to a jeweler before you attempt to clean them.